NO (Nitric Oxide) supplements have quickly burst there seams, as far as original purpose. NO products originally sought to increase available nitric oxide in the body to improve the blood flow and the passage of messages between nerve cells, while also stimulating the endocrine system. Second and third generation products have added nutrients to be transported by the increased blood flow and further enhance the nerve receptors in the muscle cells.
About No Xplode
N.O. Xplode 2.0 has five proprietary blends that support their claims of increased energy, mind blowing pumps, improved strength and stamina, and laser-like mental focus “from the very first serving.” This is not the place to list out all the scientific formula-sounding names of the ingredients, but instead I’ll summarize the five main components.
- Meta Fusion for vasodilation, which increases blood flow to the hard working muscles.
- Muscle Volumizing Creatine Matrix, which contains different creatine analogs to increase the available ATP for increased energy and strength of contraction. Creatine has also been shown to increase muscle volume
- Ener-Tropic Explosion has a blend of caffeine and Vinca Alkaloids for increased energy and mental focus.
- Phospho-Electrolyte Replacers are added to further facilitate the production of creatine phosphate.
- Glycerol Hydrating Polymers are added, along with electrolytes, to aid in maintaining volume and hydration in the muscles.
So, after a whole lot of big words, does it work? It does provide an energy boost and improve mental focus during the workout. Increased energy usually does translate to more intense workouts.The pump is stronger and the rep for rep strength is increased. At the end of the workout, it is a boost overall. Of course, that is day one.
Many people find the initial benefits begin to wear off after a while. The energy boost reduces, the pump does not keep in step with the strength increases, and the overall stamina increase begins to die off, as well. Adding other supplements to the mix, such as CellMass, may reduce this drop. Cycling it may also keep the body fresh.
Caffeine sensitivity can be a problem. Avoid taking the supplement on an empty stomach, but avoid excess food, as well. The caloric content (25 per scoop) is too low to sustain a strenuous workout, so some protein and complex carbohydrates 60 minutes, and then this drink 30 to 40 minutes, before the workout is best.
Taste is good with this product, although it does take some experimentation to find the optimal mixture for taste and efficacy. It is best to start with one scoop and gradually add as needed for taste and effect. Using it on non-training days seems like a waste, especially with the cheaper maintenance creatines out there.