What is it?
- Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (alpha-GPC)
- Serves as a source of choline for synthesis of acetylcholine
How does it work?
- Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter in the brain and is also responsible for stimulating muscle contractions
- Supplementation increases levels of acetylcholine in the brain
How does this benefit exercise?
- Enhances alertness, attention, and working memory
- Boosts high-intensity physical performance
- Increases power and strength adaptations
Alpha GPC is a natural choline molecule that is present in your brain and is primarily attributed to enhanced cognition. It is composed of choline alfoscerate and L-Alpha glyceryl phosphoryl choline, and is considered a non-prescription drug in most countries.
Alpha GPC is well-known for the important nutrients, which boost the functioning of your brain. It does this by supplying choline, which is used in the synthesis of myelin and cell membranes, which in turn supplies nourishment to the central nervous system.
While Alpha GPC is primarily included in supplements as a nootropic or ‘brain’ supplement, it has also been investigated for potentially treating Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Alpha GPC: Pre-Workout Benefits
Many athletes and bodybuilders have started using a variety of nootropic supplements, which are also known as cognitive boosting supplements. The reason for this surprising development is due to the many advantages that Alpha GPC, a nootropic ingredient, offers when you are engaged in physical activity. Here are some of the benefits of consuming pre-workout with Alpha GPC:
- Improves cognitive function
- Makes you strong and powerful
- Enhances natural growth hormone
- Increases fat oxidation
What are the Main Side Effects of Alpha GPC?
There are no serious negative effects when taken correctly and in the recommended dose. However, there have been reports of individuals experiencing headaches, dizziness, skin rashes, and other side effects. Remember that just a few individuals have reported the adverse effects. Therefore, you should not be concerned if you take the recommended dosage of Alpha GPC.
Alpha GPC is an excellent component for increasing cognitive capacity. It is an essential component of every pre-workout supplement. This component will help not only your brain health but also your physical wellness. However, always remember that pregnant women should avoid this substance and must see a doctor before taking it.
|Body Composition|| |