What is it?
- Amino acid found in green tea
How does it work?
- Assist in reducing stress and anxiety
- Promotes relaxation without drowsiness
- “Takes the edge off” the stimulant effects of caffeine
How does this benefit exercise?
- Improves mood, attention, and cognition
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Works synergistically with caffeine
You’ve most likely come to this website because you’re seeking the best pre-workout supplement ingredients to help you get into peak form and optimize your outcomes.
There are a variety of pre-workout alternatives accessible to you. How do you pick between genuine supplements such as Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Caffeine, BCAAs, and all the pre-workout combinations that are out there? And how can you know what’s really working?
If you’re prepared to take your pre-workout exercise to the next stage and are considering adding L-Theanine, we’ll tell you all you need to understand about how this ingredient can improve your efficiency and if it’s worth a shot.
What is L-Theanine?
L-Theanine is an amino acid naturally present in several edible mushroom varieties and also tea leaves. Even though the ingredient can be found in various forms of tea, it is most often linked with green tea, which was the first known source of the component. L-Theanine is classified as a nootropic substance since it has only a positive influence on cognitive functions.
L-Theanine is essential in the brain for boosting the stress relief centers of your body, making you feel lesser worried or nervous. It also stimulates the central nervous system’s functioning. That’s why many individuals report feeling more at ease after drinking a cup of green tea. Therefore, you may be wondering, why are stress relief enhancers included in pre-workouts.
L-Theanine is a key contributor to endurance throughout an exercise. It also affects the mind, making it less nervous and more concentrated. This implies that you will not suffer mental tiredness when working out. It thus, in return, will drive you to continue for extended durations.
As a result, many pre-workout supplements possess a significant L-Theanine amount.
What is the Function of L-Theanine?
|Body Composition|| |
L-Theanine helps because it increases GABA and serotonin levels. GABA is the brain’s principal inhibitory neurotransmitter and among the most potent anti-anxiety and anti-stress substances, whereas serotonin is the happiness hormone.
However, L-Theanine has been demonstrated to mitigate several of the negative effects of coffee, particularly when it comes to sleeping.
Several research has found that L-Theanine can increase alpha brain wave activity to enhance greater attention and concentration without causing sleepiness.
So, if you can’t seem to quit your caffeine dependency due to your pre-workout or everyday coffee, theanine could be just right up your street.
Should You Use L-Theanine in Pre-Workout?
Caffeine is without a debate among the most popular pre-workout supplements. It stimulates your neurological system and increases attention and energy, allowing you to blast throughout your exercise like a beast. However, in addition to caffeine, several pre-workout supplements contain L-Theanine.
L-Theanine, when combined with caffeine, boosts feelings of enjoyment while also increasing attention and alertness. Furthermore, L-Theanine is essential for improved responses, which means you can work out better and quicker.
Here are some of the reasons why using L-Theanine before a workout can provide some significant benefits.
- Enhances Cognitive Function: When paired with coffee, theanine improves performance in cognitively demanding activities. It contributes to the stimulating and concentration-boosting properties of caffeine, providing you with clearer and sharper stimulation while avoiding the normal caffeine-induced negative effects. The advantages of ingesting a caffeine L-Theanine combination include reduced mental exhaustion, improved memory, faster response time, and fewer headaches and weariness.
- Reduced Blood Pressure Variation: Pairing L-Theanine with caffeine reduces vasoconstriction and improves blood flow inside the brain, hence assisting in the maintenance of appropriate blood pressure. A better exercise results from improved blood flow.
- Increases Sleep Quality: Reduces the amount of time wasted getting up throughout the night, which helps to enhance sleeping quality and efficiency.
- Minimizing Anxiety and Stress: Whether you feel anxious or stressed, smart caffeine can help maintain your peace. This can assist to prevent tension and injury during a workout, as well as enhance healing afterward.
- Enhances Overall Productivity: If you want to get the most out of your pre-workout combination, putting L-Theanine into it will give you more productivity. It contributes to a more optimal and effective healing environment by promoting relaxation and brain rejuvenation after heavy exercise.
Which Pre-Workout Ingredients Go Well with L-Theanine?
Although L-Theanine is a helpful element to have in a pre-workout supplement by itself, it also functions well in combination with other nutrients. Caffeine is certainly the most prominent ingredient.
Caffeine helps to deliver an energy boost, enabling you to push yourself harder and better in every one of your sessions. When paired with L-Theanine, it can provide an extra boost while also making you feel calm and focused during your exercise.
Once L-Theanine is combined with caffeine, the advantages described above are precisely what you can hope for. This is more generally referred to as smart caffeine in the fitness sector.
Basically, smart caffeine helps you to get the most out of your caffeine usage while avoiding the negative side effects that happen when you drink excessively caffeine each dose. This involves jitters and stamina drops, which are the absolute reverse of what you need when using a pre-workout supplement! It also aids in avoiding an energy collapse following your exercise.
As a result, the majority of pre-workout supplements include a mix of these two substances. It’s because they allow you to exercise for extended periods and make you feel better about yourself. This is evident prior, throughout, and after a workout.
As an athlete, you’re usually searching for better ingredients that can make your workout more better and effective. A unique supplement designed to increase your strength and stamina. L-Theanine can give you that extra boost in a pre-workout supplement.
For most individuals, particularly those who suffer from high stress and participate in strenuous exercise, L-Theanine could be an appealing substitute for caffeine. You enjoy quiet, clear stimulation that improves your attention and has fewer negative effects.
More PreWorkout Resources:
- Best Pre-Workouts for Cardio
- Best Pre-Workout Ingredients for Hypertrophy
- Is Coffee The Only Pre-Workout You Need?
- Best Pre-Workout Ingredients for Endurance Sports
- What Should Jiu Jitsu Athletes Look For In a Pre-workout?